At Hamwic Education Trust, we do all we can to ensure all our pupils are safe in our schools and in their lives away from school. Recognising that local authorities (for Hamwic Education Trust, this includes Portsmouth, Southampton, BCP and Dorset) retain the ultimate responsibility for safeguarding, we seek to ensure that the safeguarding culture in all our schools is embedded and effective.
We do this by:
- Collating and analysing safeguarding information each term
- Carrying out safeguarding reviews
- Checking local authority safeguarding audits
- Providing training for governors and staff
- Delivering termly up-dates to leaders
- Providing relevant safeguarding information in half-termly newsletters
- Maintaining up-to-date documents for schools to use or amend
Click Here to view our Safeguarding Policy
If you have a safeguarding concern, please contact Head Office: 02380 786833.