At Hamwic Education Trust we have tried to capture the essence of what we are about in two simple statements:
All about the child
We aim to put the child at the centre of everything we do. We believe that by doing this, it drives our ethos and values to do the best we can for our children.
What about Sam?
Sam is the name we have given to the notional Hamwic child. By asking ourselves ‘what about Sam?’ we ensure that we put our pupils at the heart of our decision making.
Hamwic Education Trust is a Trust which celebrates the uniqueness of our pupils, our staff and our schools and where we aim for everyone to achieve their full potential through the pathways of opportunities available.
We will achieve this by:
- Supporting and challenging our leaders, staff and pupils to achieve their best, ensuring the Trust has the skills and expertise to do this
- Providing a safe and enabling learning environment for all
- Ensuring that every pupil has the same opportunities to be successful
- Providing opportunities for the complete learning journey for our pupils and staff
- Ensuring schools have the resources they need for learning
- Recognising and respecting the individuality of each school and setting
- Facilitating communities of schools working together for the benefit of all, both in partnerships and across the wider Trust
- Inclusive – opportunities for all
- Supportive – health and well-being
- Collaborative – recognising that the sum is bigger than the individual parts
- Respectful – of each other, our people and pupils
- Outward-Facing – learning from each other and outside of the Trust
- Empowering – staff and pupils to take a collective responsibility for learning
- Open and honest – transparent in our decision making
- All pupils to make expected progress or better
- All schools to be judged good or better by Ofsted
- To be an Employer of Choice – recruit, develop and retain the best
- All schools and Trust to be financially sustainable
- All schools to have a safe learning environment that supports learning and development