At Hamwic Education Trust, teaching & learning is very important. We believe that all our pupils are entitled to quality first teaching, in every lesson, every day. Find out more about our curriculum.
We aim for all our pupils to:
- Achieve academic excellence, leading to the widest possible choice of education, training and employment
- Become socially responsible so that they instinctively contribute to their communities, whether school, local, national and international
- Demonstrate respect for diversity, equality and tolerance, celebrating all faiths, cultures and backgrounds
- Be resilient and positive so that they respond well to challenges and unexpected setbacks
- Be aspirational for themselves and others
We share these expectations through the Hamwic Education Trust teaching and learning handbook.
In addition to articulating the values and principles underpinning our vision for teaching and learning, the document:
- Identifies eight essential requirements for effective classroom practice
- Asks questions that encourage leaders to reflect on how they can further improve teaching
- Provides a tool to evaluate current practice and promote teaching excellence
- Gives direction to leaders about meeting the learning needs of pupils with SEND
- Clearly articulates the provision needed to ensure the lowest attaining 20% of pupils receive an ambitious curriculum
- Suggests wider reading to strengthen teacher knowledge and promote the use of research-led pedagogy