Through access to a range of apprenticeships, employees at Hamwic can receive tailored training and support, whether they are looking to embark on a new career or take that next step in their current one.
Benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Valuable hands-on experience working whilst learning
- Develop key skills to progress in your working life
- Earn and learn at the same time
- A clear career trajectory with lots of opportunities to progress
- Be ‘job ready’ for the role you have trained for, with training paid for by your employer and/or the Government
- Working alongside experienced staff that can support and guide
The time it takes to complete an apprenticeship varies but typically can take between one and four years to complete. Apprentices work towards the knowledge, skills and performance of their chosen apprenticeship in the workplace, with some programmes being delivered at college/university or onsite at the apprentice’s school base.
At end of the apprenticeship, employees will receive a certification of any qualifications achieved and guidance as to further progression, including support with applying for the next level of apprenticeship if available and suitable.
Where possible, employment will be offered to an apprentice following successful completion of an apprenticeship.
These are some of the most popular apprenticeships suitable for schools:
- Teacher Apprenticeship (for those who already have a degree)
- Teaching Assistant
- Early Years Educator
- School Business Professional
- Business Administrator
- Facilities Management